Typing in characters with the little [silver remote]( that comes with the Apple TV can be painful. While the Remote app can help ease the pain, nothing beats a full blown keyboard when it comes to typing. As it happens, you can use a Bluetooth keyboard with your Apple TV. Here's how to pair them:
How to use a Bluetooth keyboard with your Apple TV
Before beginning, keep in mind that not all Bluetooth keyboards will work. Most will but some keys may not function if they don't use Apple's layout. Mostly all Apple wireless Bluetooth keyboards should work just fine.
- Make sure your keyboard is On and Discoverable.
- Click on Settings from the main menu of your Apple TV.
- Now click on General.
- Now choose Bluetooth.
- Your Apple TV should find your keyboard. Click on it in the list of Bluetooth devices your Apple TV finds.
- A four-digit code should appear on the screen of your TV. Enter it on your keyboard.
- If the pairing was successful, you should now see the word Connected next to your keyboard in the Bluetooth menu of your Apple TV.
That's all there is to it! You should now be able to use your Bluetooth keyboard with your Apple TV. Give it a try and then let me know what you think. Do you prefer having a full keyboard or is the Remote app good enough to meet your needs?
Category: Kevin Spacey Liam Neeson pharrell Kurt Russell metallica